Last couple months since I created this blog were filled with work – which means that my skills improved greatly. You could also say that my taste and ‘eye’ for design changed. This resulted in dire need to improve my logo. I decided to give it new look without redesigning it completely – I still love the idea that is behind it.
Still, I felt a strong need to update it. It seems bit wacky to me now, from perspective of time. I started with identifying the problems I saw with old logo first to know what I have to deal with when updating it.
- Logo was too thin – which made it look too delicate in small sizes
- I didn’t like how the closed space created by M D and A looks – it seemed too long and thin
- The end of the M stroke (on the left) was ok but seemed to be the end of the shape, as if the missing stroke of M letter never was supposed to be there – no suggestion of original shape of the letter
- Because of delicate nature of the logo D letter seems to disappear next to much wider M and A
That caused me to take a new quest to push it further till it gets where I wanted to be now. I thought I would wait more with any sort of change like that but I feel I needed it badly right now. So here you can see old logo:
I redid the thickness of lines. The position of A between M and D changed – I moved it to the right. Also, the angles of M and A changed – the slope is slightly less steep. Also the letter endings changed – I kept them flat with A and gave the end in M same slope as the other angles in the letters. This is the final result:
To help you visualise changes more I made very simple animation that compares two logos with each other.
I hope you see the new version as an improvement as well! I am delighted with how new more ‘chubby’ version of my logo looks and I think it will serve me much longer than the older version of it 🙂
Please tell me what you think in the comments!